January 8, 2005 the first American nuclear submarine "San Francisco" (SSN 711), the transition to Australia, 364 miles south of Guam, flew the bow of the unmarked map an underwater mountain. At the time of the collision course was the boat in 30 knots. and was at a depth of 120 m.
The collision of the 24 crewmembers were injured, mostly - lacerations and fractures. A little later it became known that one of the sailors died of his wounds, and several were in critical condition. Boat itself was great bow, but was able to emerge and the morning of January 10 returned to Mr.
|
---|
Showing posts with label celebrities news. Show all posts
Showing posts with label celebrities news. Show all posts
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
Celebrities in the Renaissance style
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Bar Refaeli Arm
Bar Refaeli Arm
Bar Refaeli Arm. Bar Refaeli has broken her arm less than a month after her split from Leonardo DiCaprio. Bar and Leonardo parted ways in May and now the stunning Israeli-born model has hurt one of her arms. The 26-year-old beauty took to her Twitter account this morning to discuss her painful injury.“I broke my arm. And I’m annoyed! Booooooo,” read the Tweet.It is so far unknown which arm has been injured or how it happened. The exact magnitude of the injury is also yet to be disclosed.
While Bar recuperates from her injury, it seems unlikely that the on-and-off long-term romance between her and Leonardo will ever recover.
"She definitely has a hold on him," a Leonardo source told Us Weekly. "But this split seems more serious than the rest."
Leonardo and his new flame Blake Lively seem to be going strong and have been seen gallivanting around the world together partaking in romantic jaunts.
"They hang out, travel, have fun," a friend of Blake’s revealed. "They're having a great time."
It is unknown if Bar’s injury will affect her upcoming projects, shows or photoshoots.
Source: yahoo
Megan Fox Brian Austin Green
Megan Fox Brian Austin Green
Megan Fox Brian Austin Green. Happy anniversary, Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green! The two are celebrating their one-year this week with a trip to Hawaii. So, what's on the agenda to mark the big milestone? Read on to find out what Fox exclusively told me... First up was last night's opening of the Maui Film Festival, where Fox was honored with Iris Award for her work on the documentary Na Nai'a: Legend of Dolphins.The couple, who were secretly married in Kona (about a 15-minute plane ride from Maui), will also swim with—you guessed it—dolphins. It's not something Green was particularly interested in doing. "My husband is terrified of sharks but we're going to do it anyway," Fox told me. "Sharks don't usually go where there are tons of dolphins so we can do it. I didn't used to be [scared of sharks], but I am now because of him. His fear is so intense, it's smothered me and now I'm afraid."
Not so scary? They may renew their vows in the fall. "I didn't think that I was into it until my relationship with Brian," Fox admitted. "He's very sensitive and very emotional. He's a Cancer so he's very all about feelings and relationships and he cries about everything. He'll want to do it so I'll do it for him."
Before hitting the festival's outdoor Celestial Cinema for the awards ceremony and a screening of Na Nai'a, Fox and Green along with his son, Kassius, hit the opening night party at Capiche restaurant. Olivia Wilde (who will be honored tonight and take part in a Q&A conducted by yours truly) was also there along with fellow honorees Andrew Garfield and Garrett Hedlund, and Garfield's Social Network costar Max Minghella and his girlfriend, 127 Hours actress Kate Mara.
Source: eonline
Buzz Aldrin Divorce
Buzz Aldrin Divorce
Buzz Aldrin divorce. Buzz Aldrin, a member of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon in 1969, has filed for divorce from his third wife, TMZ reported Thursday.The retired astronaut wed Lois Driggs Cannon on Valentine's Day in 1988.He was previously married to Joan Archer, with whom he had three children, and second wife Beverly Zile.
The 81-year-old cited "irreconcilable differences" in his divorce petition, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court Wednesday.
According to the court documents, the couple separated Tuesday.
The pair has no children together.
Source: nypost
Barefoot Bandit Plea
Barefoot Bandit Plea
Barefoot Bandit Plea. The 20-year-old "Barefoot Bandit," whose daring two-year run from the law in stolen boats, cars and planes earned him international notoriety, pleaded not guilty to a new indictment in federal court Thursday, even as his attorney indicated a deal with the government to resolve the case is nearly complete.Colton Harris-Moore entered the courtroom in tan prison garb and greeted lawyer John Henry Browne with a broad smile. He told the judge "good morning" before Assistant U.S. Attorney Darwin Roberts recited the charges against him.The lawyers previously expected to have a plea deal complete by the end of last month. But they are primarily hung up on whether Harris-Moore will be allowed to participate in book or movie deals, with all proceeds being used to repay victims, Browne said.
Harris-Moore's restitution will total about $1.3 million, Browne said, and movie or book deals could cover most or all of it. He said federal prosecutors have expressed reluctance in recent days to let Harris-Moore sell his story because it could compound the publicity he's received. But he said talks on the issue are progressing.
The U.S. attorney's office in Seattle does not discuss plea negotiations, and Roberts declined to comment after the arraignment.
"I have a problem with the U.S. government telling anybody they can't tell their story," Browne said.
Browne doesn't dispute the allegations against his client. He has long maintained that Harris-Moore, who earned the "Barefoot Bandit" moniker by committing some of his crimes without shoes, has no interest in profiting from his tale but would be interested in selling his story if it meant his victims could be repaid.
Many of the losses sustained by burglary or theft victims were covered by insurance companies, which could be in line for a share of publicity deal proceeds.
Prosecutors and defense attorneys have agreed to a sentencing range, Browne said, but he said he was prohibited from divulging what the range is.
A new indictment returned last month added bank burglary to the list of federal charges against Harris-Moore. His other charges include interstate transportation of a stolen plane, gun, and boat; being a fugitive in possession of a firearm; and piloting an aircraft without a valid airman's certificate.
The new indictment also contains language requiring Harris-Moore to forfeit "any and all intellectual property or other proprietary rights belonging to the defendant" based on his publication or dissemination of his tale.
The federal charges stem from a spate of crimes in late 2009 and early 2010, when Harris-Moore is accused of flying a stolen plane from Anacortes, in northwestern Washington, to the San Juan Islands. Authorities say he then stole a pistol in eastern British Columbia and took a plane from a hangar in Idaho, where investigators found bare footprints on the floor and wall. That plane crashed near Granite Falls, Wash., after it ran out of fuel, prosecutors say.
He made his way to Oregon in a 32-foot boat stolen in southwestern Washington — stopping first to leave $100 at an animal shelter in Raymond, Wash.
From Oregon, authorities said, Harris-Moore hopscotched his way across the United States, frequently stealing cars from parking lots at small airports, until he made it to Indiana, where he stole another plane and made for the Bahamas. He was captured by Bahamian police at gunpoint in a stolen boat.
In all, Harris-Moore is suspected of more than 70 crimes across nine states.
The agreement lawyers are negotiating tentatively calls for Harris-Moore to plead guilty once in federal court, where he would also admit responsibility for all crimes he committed in other states, and once in Island County Superior Court, where he would admit to all of his crimes in Washington state jurisdictions.
Upon conviction, Harris-Moore is expected to begin serving time in state prison.
Source: yahoo
Rita Wilson named editor of 'Huff/Post 40' site
Rita Wilson named editor of 'Huff/Post 40' site
Rita Wilson named editor of 'Huff/Post 40' site. LOS ANGELES — The Huffington Post is launching a new site aimed at the baby boomer generation, and Rita Wilson will direct its vision and content.AOL Huffington Post Media Group President and Editor-in-Chief Arianna Huffington says Thursday that the actress and producer will be editor-in-chief of "Huff/Post 40," which is set to launch in August. She says Wilson even came up with the name of the new site.The 54-year-old Wilson, who is married to Tom Hanks, has acted in movies, on television and on Broadway. She has also written stories on style and health for O, The Oprah Magazine and Harper's Bazaar, where she has been a contributing editor since 2006.
Huffington says the passion and humor Wilson brings to her projects makes her the "perfect godmother" for the new site.
Source: deseretnews
Beyonce Invited Film Academy
Beyonce Invited Film Academy
Beyonce Invited Film Academy. Beyonce Knowles, Russell Brand, David Duchovny and "King's Speech" director Tom Hooper have been invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.The film academy said Friday it has invited 178 film-industry workers to join its ranks this year.Documentarian Tim Hetherington, who was nominated for an Oscar this year and then killed in Libya two months after the ceremony, was invited posthumously to join the academy.
Other invitees include actors Bradley Cooper, Gerard Butler, Mila Kunis, Jennifer Garner, Jesse Eisenberg and Ellen Page; "The Kids Are All Right" writer-director Lisa Cholodenko; writer Aaron Sorkin; Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and the academy's new chief operations officer, Ric Robertson.
The film academy has just under 6,000 voting members.
Source: comcast
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)